Thursday, November 29, 2012

Review of Cloud Rest Base Layer Top from Mountain Mama, Expecting Adventure


Several weeks ago I was given the opportunity to test out and review two items from one of my favorite maternity/nursing clothing companies, Mountain Mama Expecting Adventure. 
(let me set the record straight, I am not pregnant) 
Its been so warm in Colorado, and their Base Layer Top is so snuggly, that I haven't had the chance to properly hike in it, until our trip to Monument, Colorado last weekend. 

Several years ago I found Mountain Mama clothing on facebook and loved their style!  I wish that I could find non-maternity clothing this well made and comfortable, so I was super excited when they asked for ambassadors to try out both maternity AND nursing clothing and I was one of the few chosen to review.  Hurray for me! 
I was given the Clouds Rest Maternity Baselayer Crossfront, which you can find on their site here, and the first thing that I noticed after putting the top on, is that it is very well made, thick and warm.  It's more of a non-bukly sweatshirt, rather than a base layer, in my opinion, its warm like a thick sweatshirt, without doesn't have the bulk.  It has a flattering fit for a non-pregnant mama, and I could see how this can easily be worn well into maternity and then the comfortable fabric would snap back into place when the baby belly is gone.  
 
Nursing at the Upper Palmer Lake Res.
On our hike, the temps were in the low 50s and cooler as we gained altitude and entered the canyon, but this shirt with a tank top underneath kept me perfectly warm.  If I got too cold, I'd pull down the sleeves and put my thumbs in the thumb-holes which kept my hands toasty and I was able to take pictures of the scenery without pulling gloves on and off all the time.  This is a huge plus for a photographer! 

The top is not only comfortable and warm, but its definitely great for nursing, its easy to be discreet when breastfeeding while wearing it.   And ease is what every nursing mama wants most!  
The only thing that I didn't like about the shirt, is that its a cross front top and you can see the seam underneath and its a big unflattering.  However, if it wasn't made that way, it wouldn't be as easy to nurse.  With that said, its a great shirt and the quality is top notch.  I wouldn't endorse it here, if it wasn't!  You should check them out for yourselves, click here.  
Here a few more photos of our hike to the Palmer Lake Reservoirs just north of Colorado Springs and Pikes Peak.  

I'll be posting another blog on the Palmer Res Hikes in Palmer Lake, Colorado.  An easy-moderate trail that offers great views of two beautiful reservoirs.  

 Thumb-holes to keep your hands toasty warm.  
***

Looks great while hiking - which is a huge plus.
 ***

 Magnolia after a snack near the Upper Res
***

 She loves to drink out of the camelback
***

 Its a glorious day, yes it is! 
***

Amazing views!  
***

 ***

 Sleeeeepy baby
***

The lower Res. 
***

1 comment:

  1. I just want to tell you that I am beginner to blogging and certainly loved this website. Likely I’m want to bookmark your site . You actually come with beneficial articles and reviews. Boulder Limousine Service, Boulder Limo Service

    ReplyDelete